These are Skinnier than my original recipe and they are Low Glycemic if you use the palm sugar alternative or try the sugar free alternative!
So live it up and make yourself a cookie darlings, without too much guilt.
This post linked to Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays
Skinny Gluten Free Chocolate Chip cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons gluten free and trans fat free margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar or Erythritol for sugar free
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure GF vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten Free all-purpose flour with xanthan (or add 1 tsp if your mix does not include)
- see recipe for flour below
- 1 teaspoons GF baking soda- Arm and Hammer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup GF semisweet or sugarfree chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts- (check on the back to make sure they aren't manufactured with wheat!
- In a medium bowl sift and whisk the dry ingredients together
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low until just incorporated, add chips and nuts and mix until combined
- Put in the fridge until chilled- this is a great tip for gluten free cookies!
- Drop by spoonfuls and flatten slightly onto lightly greased pans.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes in the preheated 350 degree oven, or until edges are just browned and cookie is set.
- Cool before storing in the GF cookie jar. Refrigerate if they last longer than a few days
- 2 cups GF Bob's Redmill Brown Rice Flour
2/3 cup potato starch (not "potato flour")
1/3 cup tapioca flour (or tapioca starch) it's the same thing
1 teaspoon xanthan gum or psyllium husks