Gluten Free Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad with dressing recipe
Spectacular gluten free bread. :) Hope you all have a great weekend!!
This recipe is linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays
Skinny Gluten Free Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad
- 1 bunch fresh spinach or artisan greens or combination, rinse and dry
- 10-15 large strawberries, cored and sliced. Dried cranberries are good too
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled or Parmesan
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts or candied pecans, chopped
- sliced red onion-opt
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or Sweetleaf Stevia for sugar free) to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4 strawberries or raspberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach, strawberries, chicken, cheese and nuts.
- In a blender, place the sugar, salt, vinegar, fruit and oil, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the poppy seeds.
- Pour 1/4-1/3 of the dressing over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
- Put the rest in a large jar and serve at the table.