Skinny Gluten Free Biscotti
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar or cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free white rice flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg-opt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ cup almonds or walnuts, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F Spray your baking sheet with canola.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla.
- Combine flours together in a bowl. Slowly blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture. Stir in almonds or walnuts and cranberries if using. Add a little water if dough is too dry. Consistency should be soft and pliable.
- Roll half of mixture into a log approximately 12 inches long. Place on baking sheet and smooth into loaf about 1/2 thick and still 12 inches long. Repeat with other half of mixture side by side on same baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until set and lightly browned.
- Place on rack to cool for 5 minutes. Cut loaves diagonally into slices 1/2" thick.
- Place slices on their sides on the baking sheet. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip slices over and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in tightly covered container in the fridge.