Making meatballs is one of my favorite time savers. I make double batches and hold out some for sandwiches, appetizers or freeze portions for other dinners during the month. We love them in Spaghetti and meatballs with my favorite Red Sauce, with my Homemade gluten free Cream of Mushroom sauce, or for a fast dinner I stir them into soups!
Gluten Free Grass Fed Meatballs for dinner, soups or appetizers
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef or 1/2 beef and 1/2 turkey
- 1-2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 2 cups Gluten Free Bread Crumbs, process 1-2 slices of GF bread in the food processor
- 2 large organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the meatballs, combine meat, garlic, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, eggs, salt, pepper, parsley in a large mixing bowl. Mix together by hand until just combined. If you mix too long they become tough. Roll into 1 1/2- 2 inch balls and place on a large greased cookie sheet or cover your baking sheet with foil first to prevent sticking.
- Cook meatballs in the oven at 375 degrees for apx 20 min until brown.
- Remove when done and drain on a paper towel.
My Red Sauce:
- 1 whole organic yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1 whole organic green pepper diced
- 1 28 ounce can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can organic tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed dried gluten free Italian spices
- Organic Olive Oil
- Gluten Free Spaghetti noodles, Cooked Al Dente
- In a large pot on medium, heat a little olive oil and then add the onions and garlic and cook for a few minutes, careful not to burn, until translucent.
- Pour in the tomatoes, paste and salt, pepper, sugar, and spices. Stir to combine and cook over low to medium heat to thicken for apx 30 minutes.
- Add meatballs when done to pot and stir in gently. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times.
- Serve over drained cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan.