These are the perfect gluten free dinner rolls for company or holidays. Light and fluffy with a wonderful fresh bread flavor. We make them often and warm them up the next day for breakfast. They are wonderful with butter and jam or use for a small sandwich.
Gluten-Free Dinner Rolls
makes 15-20 rolls
- 3 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Mix with xanthan* see below
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (this is in addition to the xanthan gum in the mix)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm, but not hot milk (or almond milk, or water)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- melted butter for pans and for brushing tops of rolls
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon of the sugar into warm milk. Add yeast, whisk to dissolve; set aside to proof. It will get foamy on the top.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, the remaining sugar, and salt
- In bowl of mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the eggs, vinegar and oil.
- Add yeast mixture, beat to mix.
- Add flour mixture, beat on low to combine, then beat on high for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon dough into prepared muffin tins to about 3/4 of each cup.
- Let rise until doubled in bulk–about 30-40 mins in a warm place.
- Turn on oven to preheat to 375 degrees.
- Once rolls have risen, brush the top of each with melted butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until the tops are a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool in the pan for a few minutes and then remove to a rack
- Keep leftover rolls in the fridge
1 1/4 cup gluten free brown rice flour
1 1/4 cup gluten free white rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 cup sweet rice flour (I buy mine at the Asian market, it's also call glutinous rice flour)
2 tsp. xanthan gum