Gluten-Free Baking Classics
Gluten Free Low Glycemic Honey & Spice Greek Biscotti
- 2 cups of GF Brown Rice flour mix- (see note)
- 3/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of GF baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- juice of 1/2 orange plus 1 tsp zest
- 2 teaspoons GF pure vanilla
- 4 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon of GF ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, sugar, xanthan, baking powder, salt in bowl of mixer.
- Add eggs and then remaining ingredients and beat medium speed until well combined. Dough will be sticky. Put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- Shape dough into two slightly flattened logs each 8 inches long, 2 inches wide and 1 inch high
- Place in center of oven and bake at 300 degrees for 40-45 min or until light golden brown.
- Remove and cool for 10 min.
- Using a serrated knife slice logs diagonally into 1/2 inch wide cookies.
- Place cut side down and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn to other cut side and bake another 10-12 min or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool on rack. Store in an airtight container after completely cool in fridge.
Note- Flour mix
2 cups GF Bob's Red Mill Brown Rice Flour, 2/3 cup potato starch (not flour), 1/3 cup tapioca flour
This recipe linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday