Roll into little balls
Boy, do I remember how it felt to look at all of the strange flours and ingredients and think...what the heck?
I lived on Rice Chex until I figured out some recipes that were easy, like these awesome little jam cookies.
They're made from just a few simple ingredients that you can find at the grocery store. This is not a Skinny recipe, but they are really yummy and a big money saver.
A box of similar cookies at the store run $4.00 and these will cost apx $1.00 to make. They would be fun for kids to make too!
This recipe shared on these wonderful sites Allergy Free Friday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday,
and Allergy Free Wednesdays
Super Easy Gluten Free Jam Thumprint Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
Preheat oven to (175°C/350°F)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soften to room temp
- 1/4 cup blonde coconut palm or organic cane sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup corn starch, I used Argo Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup almond meal flour
- 1 cup of thick gluten free and sugar free jam of your choice
- Whisk butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla, stir well
- Add the corn starch, almond meal and salt. Work the dough quickly. Let sit for 10 min.
- Roll into small balls and place in rows with some space in between (they will spread a little) on a greased baking sheet
- Make a small indentation with your finger in the middle and put a small amount of jam in each hole.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for apx 10 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Let sit for a few minutes, remove carefully- they are fragile. Cool on wax paper. Store in airtight container in fridge