Please go see these wonderful sites and all of the great recipes! This recipe also posted on and linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays and Allergy Free Wednesday's
- 1 cup Gluten Free all-purpose flour (recipe in my posts if you want to make your own)
- 1/2 cup ground almond meal (I grind mine in the coffee mill. Not too long or you will make almond butter!)
- 2 1/4 tsp. GF baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups blonde coconut palm sugar, divided/ OR try this Skinnier alternative - 6 Stevia packs + 3/4 cup blonde palm sugar (mix all together and reserve a 1/4 cup)
- Grated zest of 2 lemons or 1 orange, divided
- 2 1/2 cups plain Greek or regular yogurt, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package unflavored gelatin, bloomed according to directions (I use Knox. Instructions on box)
- 1 (16-ounce) can GF blueberry pie filling
Directions - keep reading!
Total time: About 45 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray cupcake pans with olive oil spray or use liners. This recipe will make 24 mini cupcakes + 6 regular cupcakes or 18 regular cupcakes
Sift together the flour, baking powder, xanthan and salt in a large bowl. Add ground almonds and set aside
Put 1 cup of sugars, zest of 1 lemon or orange in another bowl and with your fingertips, rub the zest into the sugar.
Add 1/2 cup yogurt, eggs, applesauce, oil, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla and whisk a few minutes until the mixture is well blended.
Stir in the wet ingredients into the dry.
Spoon batter into cupcake tins, filling cups about 2/3 of the way.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the cupcakes begin to come away from the sides of pan; they should be golden brown, and a thin knife inserted in the center should come out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes, then run a butter knife between the cupcakes and the sides of the pan. Turn out cupcakes and cool to room temperature.
To make the glaze: In a medium bowl, mix together 1/4th cup sugars, zest of 1 lemon or orange, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 cups Greek yogurt, and bloomed gelatin. Spoon over cooled cupcakes and chill.
Top each with a spoonful of pie filling.