Linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday and Allergy-Free Wednesdays
Skinny Gluten Free Panna Cotta
1 1/2 cups fat free Greek yogurt- See my 24 hour homemade lactose free Greek Yogurt recipe here
1 1/2 cups light cream or milk (or for lactose free try almond milk)
1 tablespoon grass fed gelatin or 2 packets
3 tablespoons honey or for sugar free us 15 drops liquid stevia, taste and add more as needed
1/2 teaspoon gluten free pure vanilla extract ( or scrape out 1/2 of one vanilla bean)
1/2 cup fresh berries- whole raspberries, sliced strawberries, bananas or mangoes are my favorites
A little honey to drizzle on top-opt
- Place a single layer of berries on the bottom of 8 oz. ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt and 1 cup of the cream/milk.
- In another bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the surface of the remaining 1/2 cup of milk. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Microwave the gelatin and milk for about 30-45 seconds, or until gelatin is melted (rub between fingers to test grittiness) and then stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Whisk the gelatin mixture thoroughly into the yogurt.
- Pour into the fruit-lined ramekins and refrigerate until firm. Apx 3 hours. If you wish to unmold for a fancy desert be sure to grease your ramekins.