Gluten Free Ground Beef Kebobs for a hot day
|Linked to Gluten-Free Wednesdays|
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 onion, minced finely
- 2 teaspoons GF ground cumin ( I use McCormicks spices)
- 1 teaspoons GF ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons GF paprika
- 1 teaspoon GF cayenne
- Salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lemon-opt
- 1/2 cup minced cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the beef with the onion, cumin, ground coriander, paprika, cayenne, salt, and cilantro and knead very well.
- Divide the meat into 6-8 logs of equal size.
- Thread the beef onto well soaked wooden skewers or we use long metal ones if we are out of the wood. Really form it snugly onto your skewers. You can also wrap in plastic wrap and pop in the fridge to firm them up more.
- Spray grill with oil. Heat grill to medium high and cook the kebobs on each side for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Serve with hummus