- 6 big slices of ripe seedless watermelon, about 1 1/2 inches thick. Leave the rind on for grilling
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves or mint leaves
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Heat a gas grill to medium. If using a charcoal grill, start the charcoal; when the briquettes are ready, distribute them evenly. Be sure to oil your grate first.
- Brush a little honey on the watermelon slices and grill 2 minutes with the lid up, then turn over and grill for 2 minutes, brush again and cook until grill marked.
- Toss in a large bowl with the rest of the honey, herbs, feta and balsamic vinegar to taste. Chill before serving.
Grilled Chicken Spinach Salad
- 1 1/2 cups pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag of fresh spinach, stemmed, washed and dried
- 2- 3 lbs of boneless skinless Chicken Thighs- rubbed with Spice Rub (see recipe below or any good spice rub of your choice)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin strips
- Season your chicken thighs with spice rub (recipe below) in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for about an hour or two to marinate.
- Combine the spinach, onion, feta cheese and olives in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl; add the salt and pepper, set aside.
- Place your chicken on the lower rack, grill for apx 15 minutes, careful not to burn or until juices run clear. If it's burning, move to the upper rack and close the lid. Remove to a platter and let it sit for a few minutes
- Slice the chicken and place on the spinach. Add grilled watermelon, (warm or cold) if using.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper