Gluten Free Chicken & Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato, mashed (I microwave a large sweet potato, cool and peel)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- 1-2 teaspoons GF chili powder- to taste. I use McCormicks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups GF enchilada sauce
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 10 GF corn tortillas
- Reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- Avocado slices and the other 1/2 of the lime, for garnish
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together shredded chicken, sweet potato, black beans, 1 cup cheese, chili powder, juice of 1/2 a lime and salt until well combined.
- Pour some of the sauce into the 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Fry tortillas in a little oil until just browned – about 1 minute.
- Place about 1/2 cup sweet potato mixture on one side of a tortilla, roll up, and place in baking dish; repeat process with remaining sweet potato mixture and tortillas.
- Drizzle remaining enchilada sauce on top of tortillas, and top with pineapple, jalapeno and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with cilantro, lime and sour cream.
Makes 4-6 servings