Gluten Free Minestrone Soup Recipe
Linked to Full Plate Thursday!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups gluten free low sodium chicken broth- I boil a chicken, cool, remove fat and use broth
- 1 small can tomato paste and 4 cans of water
- 2 large tomatoes fresh or a small can, diced
- 3/4 pound Sweet Italian Turkey sausage links, sliced
- 5 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can kidney or any beans of your choice, drained
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 head of cabbage, diced
- 3 zucchini's, quartered and sliced
- 3 tablespoons gluten free Italian spice mix, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- dash of tabasco
- 1 1/2 cups dry Tinkyada Brown Rice or Quinoa Shell pasta, cooked al dente
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large soup pot, over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add celery, carrots, mushrooms and sausage, saute, stirring for 2 minutes. Pour or spoon out excess grease.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, water and tomatoes. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, the longer the better.
- Reduce heat to low and add beans, spinach leaves, cabbage, zucchini, seasonings, salt and pepper.
- Fill another medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender. Drain water and add to your soup.
- Serve in large bowls and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.