Shirataki noodles. Personally I love Soba noodles but make sure you get them Gluten Free. Check the ingredients carefully-many Soba brands have wheat flour in them. Now I just toss on a simple salad and pour a glass of wine. Life is good. God bless
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs defrosted, patted dry and seasoned with a little garlic powder and GF seasoning salt
1 onion, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (28 ounce) can crushed with juice
1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup dry white wine (or Marsala is wonderful)
2-3 cloves minced
salt and pepper to taste
2- 3 teaspoons GF Italian seasonings
Parmesan cheese for the table
Serve with cooked GF Soba or GF Tinkyada noodles. No Carb option- try Shirataki noodles
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the chicken thighs in the hot oil until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same skillet, turn the heat down a little, cook and stir the onion and mushrooms until the mushrooms have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, and cook until fragrant, careful not to burn, 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Pour in white wine and scrape up all the bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, seasonings, salt, and pepper, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the chicken pieces and any accumulated juices and simmer on medium low uncovered, until the chicken is tender and no longer pink inside and the sauce is thickened, 30 to 40 minutes.