Linked up to Allergy Free Wednesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday. Reader Favorite!!
Note- If you are making the homemade condensed milk- do that first and then make your crust.
Low Carb Cookie Crust
- 1 cup of gluten free Almond Meal flour or finely ground nuts or seeds of choice
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 cup of honey or for lower carbs try erythritol, powdered in coffee mill
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- Combine all the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Cream your butter or oil with the honey, mix in egg
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Press the dough firmly and evenly into a greased 8 x12 baking dish.
- Bake the crust at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until it is lightly browned and firm. Take out and set aside
Not too Sweetened Condensed Homemade Coconut Milk Filling (or you can use a can of low fat sweetened condensed milk)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Erythritol, to taste (honey or maple syrup works too)
- In a large flat saucepan, heat coconut milk over medium heat.
- Stir in sweetener of choice, blend.
- Simmer, stirring often for apx. 30-40 min,or until the volume reduces and thickens to apx 1 1/2 cups.
- 1 small can fat free sweetened condensed milk or follow recipe above to make your own.
- 1 cup GF semi sweet or sugar free chocolate chips- I used Nestle White Chocolate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- Pour the condensed milk over the crust evenly
- Sprinkle nuts, chocolate chips and then top with the coconut. Press down on mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling! Cool before cutting.
Number of Servings: 12-18