Linked to Allergy Free Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday,
Recipe makes- 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal flour, or grind nuts to flour, sift and regrind
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup baking Stevia blend, like Truvia
- 1 cup Gluten Free oatmeal
- 1/2 cup GF oatmeal flour ( I grind my almonds, flax and oatmeal in the coffee grinder until just fluffy)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk or 1 teaspoon xanthan gum - see note below
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup slightly melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugarless applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (yes this is correct!)
- 1 cup GF chocolate chips regular, sugar free or vegan
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Combine liquid ingredients in medium mixing bowl.
3. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients mixing bowl. Using your hands (I wear plastic gloves) work the wet ingredients into the dry very well - add chocolate chips, coconut and nuts and mix again
4. Chill mixture in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Scoop rounded teaspoons or use a small cookie scoop of mixture onto baking baking sheet
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned and just firm. Don't overbake.
Cool and store in the fridge and be happy! Namaste
Note- I started using psyllium husk awhile ago to put more fiber in my baking. Now I've found out that you can replace the xanthan gum in gluten free baked goods with it!