This is always my favorite moment...when they rise up!
Allergy Free Wednesdays
1/2 cup GF Coconut meal flour, I grind my coconut in a coffee mill
1 cup GF Millet flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 cup Baking Stevia ( or 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar)
2 whole eggs + 1 egg white
4 tablespoons Unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup plain fat free yogurt or skim milk (divided-hold out 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray doughnut pan with cooking spray
- You need two medium bowls.
- In the first one mix the dry ingredients. In the other whisk the wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet with the dry, and whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps. It should be cake batter runny, but not thin. If it's too thick, add a little more of your reserved 1/4 milk
- Spoon your dough into a large baggie (cut a corner after filling) or pastry bag.
- Pipe dough into the sprayed doughnut pan in consistent circles, about 3/4 of the way full
- Bake 15 minutes or until just firm to the touch and a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool on a rack with a plate underneath and pour the glaze over, if using.
- Store in the fridge in a large tupperware with wax paper between each layer.
1 cup GF Ideal (or any sugar free ) powdered sugar (or make your own with coconut palm sugar- see note, but you can use any GF powdered sugar that you have)
several teaspoons water (mix in one at a time until )
1 teaspoon Pure GF vanilla, maple, or any flavor extract you like
Make your own Coconut Palm Powdered Sugar!
Put 1 cup coconut palm sugar and a tablespoon of cornstarch into your blender or coffee mill (in small batches) and blend until powder!
Makes 12 large doughnuts