1 pound lean ground beef
1 whole onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes with juice
4 teaspoons gluten free McCormicks chili powder
3-4 dashes gluten free Tabasco sauce, to taste
2 teaspoons cumin
Old Bay seasoning or your favorite GF seasoning salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper
3 teaspoons molasses
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground beef into the hot pan, and cook until browned. Drain off excess grease.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes more until translucent.
- Pour in the beans and tomatoes. Season with chili powder, cumin, hot pepper sauce, seasoning salt, pepper, and molasses. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 30 minutes, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.