I am crazy about Biscotti. This new gluten free low carb biscotti recipe thrilled me to my toes.
I've been making biscotti for years and didn't want to mess with the recipe but I gave it a shot. Wow, it's great is it to have a cookie that is lower in carbs and has the same crunch and flavor as the ones I make with flour!!
- 2 cups finely ground almond meal/flour, sift and regrind (or save) any bits
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds or use leftover almond bits
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks, opt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (adds a tiny bit of grain)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Stevia baking blend or sugar free alternative of choice
- 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup organic unsweetened dried cranberries, chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray your large baking sheet with canola oil
- Cream butter, stevia and psyllium husks in the large bowl of your mixer until thickened.
- Add eggs, and vanilla and mix.
- Combine dry ingredients together in another bowl and blend into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and orange zest. Your dough should be thick and sticky.
- With a little olive oil on your hands or gloves, form the dough into two 12 inch oblong logs on greased cookie sheet and pat down a bit
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and set
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes
- Slice logs diagonally apx 1/2" thick and lay the cookies on their sides
- Bake again for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from oven and flip slices over Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in tightly covered container in the fridge. Makes apx 24 cookies. Enjoy!!