Homemade Gluten Free Slow Roasted Almond Butter
- 1 pound raw almonds with the skins on, soaked and slow dried/roasted *
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup almond milk , as needed
- dash salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or you can use Stevia
- The first day. Soak your almonds in enough water to cover and 1 tablespoon sea salt for at least 7 hours. Drain the next day and pat dry.
- The second day. Preheat oven to 150
- Lay out your almonds in a single layer on a large baking sheet and slow roast for apx 24 hours or until crisp and dry.
- The third day. Put your roasted/dried nuts in your large food processor bowl and turn on high for apx 2 minutes or until you have a nice fluffy meal
- If you have a very strong food processor you can add a dash of salt now and sweeteners and you will be done as soon as the almond butter is smooth.
- If using an older model just keep processing scraping down the sides as needed
- My food processor is older and it needed some help, so I added a little almond milk to get a thick, smooth & creamy texture.
- I stored mine in a covered container in the fridge and it was still nice and creamy the next day!
- * Make sure your almonds are gluten free and not processed in a facility that also processes wheat