Hope you enjoy my family recipe for Gluten Free Lasagne! I made it skinnier by cutting back on the cheese and adding in ground turkey to my meat mixture. hugs!
Skinny Gluten Free Chef's Favorite Lasagne Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Meat mixture:
- 1-1/2 pounds lean Ground Beef, Chicken, turkey and pork. I like a combination
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced or I use McCormicks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Crushed or Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (6 Ounce) Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free Italian Dried spices (or Oregano and Basil)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese mixture:
- 1 (24 Ounce) container of Lowfat Cottage Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Dried spices
- Salt and pepper
- Additional ingredients:
- 1/2 pound sliced or grated Mozzarella Cheese ( I like a combination of Mozzarella/Gruyere)
- Grated Parmesan or Mozzarella for top
- 1 package (10 Ounce) Tinkyada Gluten Free Brown Rice Lasagne Noodles- undercooked
- (add 1/2 Teaspoon Salt And 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil To Pasta Water)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and olive oil to the water
- In a large skillet add a little olive oil, saute onion, then add ground beef (meat mixture) and garlic. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain the fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, spices, sugar and a little salt and pepper. The sauce mixture should simmer uncovered until thick for apx 20-30 minutes while you are working on the other steps.
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, egg, grated Parmesan, spices and parsley, and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir together well. Set aside.
- Cook lasagne until just before“al dente”. I undercook by apx 4-5 minutes per package instructions.
- To assemble: You can do two or three layers. Just make each layer even. Put a thin layer of meat in the bottom of a deep baking pan, arrange 4 cooked lasagne noodles on top,overlapping if necessary. Spoon some of the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Spread evenly. Cover with a thin layer of the mozzarella/gruyere cheese. Spoon and spread some of the meat/sauce mixture over the top.
- Repeat, ending with meat/sauce mixture. Sprinkle top generously with extra Parmesan or Mozzarella. I like to make two pans and freeze one for another day.
- Either freeze, refrigerate for up to two days, or bake immediately: 350-degree oven for apx 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.