Simply Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies, DF, GF
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe from last year.
It's very similar! I've reworked this recipe so many times that I forgot all about the original. It's a great recipe that's made with just a few economical ingredients that I always keep on hand. I reduced the sugar and fat from the original and now this recipe is simply perfect! So here's my Skinny version of a classic and scrumptious cookie that will thrill your family.
- 2 1/4 cups Bob's Redmill gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup non-hydrogenated gluten free butter substitute like Smart Balance or Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup Pyure Stevia Baking Blend
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum-opt (or try 1 teaspoon of flax meal)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray your cookie sheet
- 1. Spread the oats and nuts out in a single layer on a large baking sheet until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven an cool for 5 minutes
- In a blender or food processor grind 1 3/4 cups of the oats into flour, leaving 1/2 cup whole to add in later
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum and salt to the flour and pulse to combine.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the butter substitute and sugars until light and creamy. Scrape down the sides and mix again
- On low speed add the eggs, vanilla and molasses until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture until incorporated and then add the whole oats, nuts and raisins.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons onto the greased cookie sheet. Bake for apx 13 minutes or until just firm to the touch and light brown. Enjoy!