Today is such a gorgeous day here in Oklahoma, my husband and I spent the early part of the day outside.
Since this is kind of a laid back day, I wanted something simple for a late lunch/early dinner.
I searched my fridge to see what I hadn't cooked yet and what didn't have dibs called for future meals. I found some chorizo I bought at the Fort Smith Farmer's Market last weekend that is simply pork and spices, no preservatives or msg added which are huge migraine triggers for me.
Then I picked some Swiss chard from the garden and gathered onion, bell pepper and garlic that I had on hand, sliced everything up, cooked with the chorizo and served over rice. I didn't need to add any salt or other spices because the chorizo was so flavorful.
Oh my goodness! With the first bite my taste buds sang and my belly was happy. This was so easy and so yummy! Diana
Happy Belly Chroizo Skillet Saute
- 1 lb (4 pack) gluten-free chorizo links
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 2 bell peppers, quartered and sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2-4 cups swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 3-4 cups cooked brown rice
Directions:1. While rice is cooking, brown chroizo.
2. Add veggies except for Swiss chard. Saute until veggies are crisp-tender.
3. Add Swiss chard and cook until chard just begins to wilt.
4. Remove from heat and serve over rice.