"Kiss Me" That's what my hubby said when he tasted my new Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. That's a huge compliment from my guy!
Life is good when your family loves your homemade gluten free meals!
I made this with a homemade gluten free Bechamel sauce that you have to try. It's so easy and delicious. You'll be putting this sauce on everything like I do!
Gluten Free Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- 4-5 medium Russet Potatoes, par cooked * cooled and sliced
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Bechamel Sauce (apx 2 1/2-3 cups)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 clove Roasted garlic, minced (or 1/2 clove of fresh garlic, minced) opt. I smash the roasted clove and stir into the sauce prior to layering.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees/176 C
Grease the bottom of a 9 x13 baking dish with high sides
- Lay 1/2 of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of your baking dish, slightly overlapping them until the bottom of the dish is covered. Season with a little salt and fresh ground pepper
- Put 1/2 of the ham over the potatoes and press down a little
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheese over the ham
- Ladle or spoon 1/2 of the Bechamel (white sauce) over the ham
- Do it again
- Lay out the rest of the potatoes, overlapping and covering the sauce. Grind on a little more pepper. Then, the rest of the ham ( sprinkle around and press down slightly) and the rest of the cheese.
- Now, top with the last half of the Bechamel sauce (whisk well- if it's lumpy)
- Bake casserole on a cookie sheet in the middle of the oven for 30-40 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
*Par cooked potatoes. Scrub potatoes and microwave for 4-5 minutes or until a knife just pierces but the potatoes are still firm.
You can use raw potatoes in this dish. Slice them very thin and increase cooking time by 15-20 minutes.