These have a different texture from my flour gluten free pancakes, they're more eggy and lighter, but I really like them. Nothing that I can't live with when they taste this great and satisfied my craving perfectly. Sorry about the messy pic, I was starving!Gluten Free Low Carb Almond Sesame Pancakes
Makes 5-6 dollar sized pancakes
1/2 cup Almond meal butter (I added some sesame seeds to my last batch for extra flavor)
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons coconut oil (plus more for frying or use olive oil like I did)
1 tablespoon almond or coconut milk, more if needed
1/2 of a mashed banana-opt
- Put all of your ingredients into a Bullet, blender or small food processor and process for several minutes, adding almond or coconut milk as needed until you have a smooth, thick but pourable batter.
- In a heavy fry pan (I use cast iron) heat olive oil or coconut oil to medium high heat.
- Pour small dollar sized pancakes (any bigger and they are hard to turn) into the hot grease. If your pan is too hot they will burn and not cook through so watch the heat and adjust as needed.
- Let the pancakes cook until you have bubbles showing and dry edges. These pancakes are fragile so be patient. Lower the heat if they are getting too brown. If they are sticking, work the edges up and add a little more oil to the pan. Turn with a large pancake turner.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes more or until done
- Serve with sugar free syrup (warm honey and butter for SCD), berries or toppings of your choice