I thought that peaches would go great with the almond meal crust.
I usually bake with Stevia but I decided to use some Splenda with fiber that I had in the cupboard for this desert. Splenda tastes better and bakes up more like sugar. You can substitute whatever works for you. Here's my favorite Stevia conversion chart .
I soak my raw almonds overnight, drain the water and then dry them slowly in the toaster oven on the lowest temp (mine goes down to 150) until they are just crisp. Then I grind them in small batches in my coffee mill. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches, sliced
- 1 mango, cored and sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Splenda or Erythritol or equivalent of choice
- 1 cup almond meal, finely ground
- 1/2 cup almond meal, coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, ground or shredded
- 1/2 cup sweetener of choice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, softened
- gluten free cinnamon, dust on top
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare fruit. Wash, peel if needed, slice or lightly defrost if using frozen fruit. Add fruit to a large oven proof casserole dish
- Stir in lemon juice, Splenda or sweetener of choice and cornstarch
- Make topping. In a large bowl add ground almonds, coconut, Splenda or sweetener of choice. Add coconut oil or butter and mix with a fork until crumbly
- Sprinkle topping evenly over your fruit
- Bake 30 minutes or until top is brown and filling is bubbling. What's your favorite Crisp desert?