Peach & Plum Millet Cake. It makes a great breakfast topped with my homemade Greek yogurt and fresh fruit.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Banana Millet Pancakes, GF, SF, DF #glutenfree
Makes 6-8 small pancakes
- 2 very ripe medium organic bananas, mashed or 3 tablespoons oil of choice and 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 large organic eggs, beaten
- 10 drops vanilla liquid stevia or 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder or 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1 cup gluten free millet flour, note: you can buy Bob's Redmill gluten free Millet flour or grind fresh millet to flour, sift and regrind in your coffee mill
- 1 teaspoon Yerba Prima psyllium husks, opt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of salt
- a little water as needed
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or safflower for pan
- sugar free or pure maple syrup warmed for the table
- In a small bowl mash the bananas with a fork until they turn liquid and lumps disappear.
- Add the eggs and stevia to the mashed bananas or the oil and applesauce, if using. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and mix just until you have a smooth thick pourable batter. Add water if needed.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet on medium heat
- Pour apx 1/2-3/4 cup amounts into pan, leaving room to turn
- Cook until bubbles appear and edges dry. Reduce heat if they start to burn.
- Turn and cook for several minutes more or until brown.