Honestly I didn't think my meat loving hubby would consider this much of a meal. I was thrilled at the heartiness of the final product and how much he loved it. It has a mild sweetness and layers of wonderful flavor. And it's surprisingly thick and creamy for having no dairy in the recipe! I'll be ordering extra carrots and celery from my friends at Space Girl Organics because this amazing soup is a keeper!
New Gluten Free Crescent rolls!
Linked to Full Plate Thursdays, Wellness Weekend, Healthy Vegan Fridays, Simple Meals Friday,and 5 ingredient Mondays
Ginger Carrot & Celery Soup, GF, SF, V, DF, clean eating
Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks organic celery, chopped
- 8-9 large organic carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 organic sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cups homemade chicken or vegetable stock or your favorite gluten free low sodium brand
- 1 thin slice of fresh organic ginger, minced
- orange peel (discard before serving)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot on medium heat, saute the vegetables in olive oil until softened but not brown.
- Add stock, ginger and orange peel.
- Note- When we eat an orange I pop the peel in a baggy and put it in the freezer. Then I just threw in a 2 or 3 inch section and pulled it out before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer covered on low to medium low, depending on your stove, stirring occasionally for apx 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are soft enough to cut. Don't overcook
- Carefully ladle 1/2 of the soup into your blender and puree SLOWLY (it's hot and you don't want the lid to blow off!)
- Repeat with the other half. Stir the soup together in a large serving dish and enjoy with salad and rolls