Then I pour the pudding into my Low Carb Almond meal crust and I have a gorgeous Chocolate Cream Pie in no time at all. Topped with fresh whipped cream.. it's pretty close to heaven.
Gluten Free & Sugar Free Key Lime Pie!
Homemade Instant Chocolate Cream Pie, #glutenfree
Makes one large 9 inch pie
Chocolate Pudding Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 6 tablespoons gluten free cornstarch
- 3 cups 2% milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup gluten free unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons gluten free pure vanilla
- 12 drops vanilla liquid stevia, to taste
I use my Almond Meal Crust prebaked and cooled. It's super easy and Low Carb!
- In a large wide bottomed bowl, whisk the honey, cornstarch and milk until smooth.
- Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes or until warm. Warming the milk mixture makes it easier to whisk in the cocoa.
- Now slowly whisk in the cocoa a little at a time until no lumps remain.
- Microwave again for 30 seconds or until pudding starts to bubble, remove from the microwave and whisk until smooth.
- Return to microwave and repeat the 30 second intervals 2-3 more times, removing and whisking each time until pudding is thick. Depending on your microwave it should take apx 4 minutes total.
- Pour pudding into your pie crust and cover with plastic wrap (pressed gently onto the surface) to keep the pudding from forming a skin. The plastic wrap will remove easily when the pudding has cooled.
- Cool in the fridge until firm and slice. Serve with fresh whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.