In this one I used yellow squash and organic eggplant from our Space Girl Organics box on the border and then layered the middle of the casserole with eggplant, onion, yellow squash, tomatoes, olive oil, spices and Parmesan. It's also great with zucchini, baby red potatoes or any variety of vegetables that you enjoy from your local CSA.
If you live in Brevard County you should sign up for Space Girl Organics! They provide free delivery with weekly subscriptions of their farm fresh organic produce.
Space Girl Organics offers a variety of fruit and vegetables in their boxes that change weekly based on the fresh arrivals from their organic farms. I love that you can choose your favorites and customize your box.
Having all of this wonderful produce in the house is inspiring me to be creative. I think next time I make the tian I might add mozzarella or goat cheese too. Use your imagination! I can't wait to hear your combinations.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Provencal Vegetable Tian, GF, SF, DF & Vegan opt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
You will need an ovenproof casserole dish with high sides. Mine is called Cerutil Stoneware or you might like this one from Le Creuset
- One whole organic eggplant
- 2 organic yellow squash or zucchini or combination
- 1 organic sweet onion
- 2 organic tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Fresh or gluten free Herbs de Provence or Italian seasonings
- Dash gluten free garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan or vegan/ dairy free substitute
- Wash and slice vegetables apx 1/4 inch wide. Note: You can see my eggplant was large so once I got to the large end I cut the slices and then cut in 1/2 again. I used the slices that matched as much as possible for the edge and then for the layers you can use whatever you have.
- Put a tablespoon of the olive oil into your casserole dish and coat the sides and bottom.
- Line up the sides overlapping the vegetables. To hold the sides add a layer of eggplant to the bottom of the dish.
- Now add even layers of your vegetables, add seasonings, cheese and a little drizzle of olive oil to each layer until the casserole is full.
- Top with the last of olive oil, seasonings and cheese.
- Bake for apx 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and top brown.