Don't worry if your cake rises way up as it cooks! It won't go over if you make sure that your batter only fills the coffee cup halfway. Also, don't overcook.
Mine turned out perfect after 3 minutes, so depending on the power of your microwave, start with 2 minutes and touch the top of the cake with your finger. If it's wet, go for another 30 seconds to a minute.
Microwave Carrot Cake for Two, GF, DF, SF
- 5 tablespoons almond meal, finely ground
- 4 tablespoons oatmeal, finely ground (I used GF steel cut oats and ground it in my coffee mill)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons your choice of sweetener
- 1 teaspoon gluten free pure vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small carrot, finely grated or 6 tablespoons
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Your dough will be thick but wet
- Spoon EVENLY into two coffee cups. The batter should only fill the cup 1/2 way to leave room for expansion.
- Microwave both cups on revolving plate for 3 minutes or until a wooden stick comes out clean. Enjoy!