Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Adapted from Gluten-Free Baking Classics (affiliate)
Yogurt Coffee Crumb Cake, gluten free
Topping (see recipe below)
- 2 cups gluten free flour (see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda (or substitute with your favorite sugar free alternative or use all coconut palm sugar/granulated)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (try my homemade Greek yogurt here)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
Prepare topping (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray/grease a 9-10 inch tube pan or spring-form pan
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In the large bowl of your mixer, beat eggs for a minute. Slowly add the sugars of choice while beating until light yellow and creamy.
- On medium low speed add the vanilla, flour mixture, yogurt, and oil and beat for 30 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Batter should be thick. Spread into pan. Top with crumbs
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean (in her book Annalise recommends not opening the door for the first 45 minutes)
- Cool on rack and release pan
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped coconut milk.
- Here's a great dairy free anticandida recipe from Adrienne at Whole New Mom. Homemade Whipped Coconut Pudding
Crumb Topping recipe
- 1 cup gluten free flour (see below)
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon gluten free cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 6 tablespoons Earth balance, room temp
Stir all ingredients together with a fork until crumbs form.
Gluten Free Flour Recipe -Sift or whisk together until well incorporated (note-I hardly ever have potato starch in the house so I sub it for tapioca or cornstarch and it still comes out great)
- 2 cups gluten free Brown Rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch'
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
Use 2 cups for cake and 1 cup for the topping