This recipe yields about 42 ounces, so it will save you a lot of money over the commercial organic chutneys that can cost upwards of $7.00 for a 9 oz jar and it's so easy to make! No peeling is needed. With organic fruit you can leave the skins on and enjoy all of their natural benefits.
Makes 10-12 servings
- 4 organic pears
- 3 organic pink pearl apples or any tart crisp apple you have.
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic red wine or Bragg Organic apple cider vinegar ( I used some of both)
- 1/3 cup organic local honey or fruit juice concentrate or sugar free equivalent like xylitol
- 10 drops of liquid stevia to taste
- 2 teaspoons gluten free yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, peeled, finely diced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Cut the pears and apples into quarters and remove the cores and seeds. Dice fruit with the peel on and add to a large sauce pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer.
- Continue to simmer chutney, gently stirring occasionally, until fruit is just tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge. Serve warm or cold