I thought we might end up with a pile of crumbs since we didn't have any xanthan gum, but we threw caution to the wind and hoped for the best.
It not only held together but it turned out flaky! It was fragile but oh so good with Sausage Gravy and fried eggs to go on top!
Here are my grandsons from the left. Wyatt, Sebastian, me and Paul. Ok guys, now you're famous!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Gluten Free Biscuit Bread in a 3-4 quart Crock Pot.
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons gluten free baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic milk
- 1 whole large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup organic butter, very cold, cut in to small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum, opt
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the milk and vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- Add the cold butter cubes to the dry ingredients and cut in with two knives or a pastry cutter until you have a fine mealy consistency.
- Slowly add the egg and the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until all the dry is moistened. Don't over mix. Only use as much liquid as you need to get a thick damp dough. Discard the rest.
- Scoop dough into prepared crock pot liner
- Cook covered on high for apx 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.