You can't get that crisp edge without a some sugar caramelization and what's a chocolate chip cookie without that crunch?
So, what do you do when you crave a healthy cookie?
Well, what I do, is use organic cane sugar or honey so that at least there are no GMO's in my lovely cookies.
Then I make them grain free so they are lower in carbs, and then- I just relax and enjoy!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon organic butter, barely melted
- 1/3 cup organic cane brown sugar or try 1/4 cup local honey + 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon gluten free pure vanilla extract, like McCormicks
- 1 large organic egg
- 1 cup gluten free dark chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Grease or line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the flour, salt and baking soda together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In the large bowl of your mixer or by hand with a large whisk, beat the egg, brown sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir well. Add the nuts and stir.
- Spoon a small teaspoon of dough onto a greased or lined cookie sheet pan.
- Bake for apx 10-12 minutes or until just firm to the touch and lightly brown.