- 1 1/2 cups organic gluten free mix of raw almonds, walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup organic gluten free unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup gluten free chia seed or fresh flax seed
- 1 scoop gluten free whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup gluten free and sugar free nut butter, softened or melted coconut oil
- Sweetener of choice. I like 10 drops of vanilla liquid stevia or 2 tablespoons of local honey
- 1 cup gluten free oatmeal-opt (If you don't want grains you can leave this out
- 1/2 cup dried gluten free and sugar free cranberries or dried fruit of choice, chopped, add after baking
Preheat oven to 300 degree F
- Add the chopped nuts to a large bowl. I chop my nuts in a chopper or you can use a food processor.
- Mix well the nuts, coconut flakes, flax or chia, whey protein powder, nut butter or coconut oil, and sweetener of choice.
- Pour onto a large parchment lined baking sheet and press out so that you have a even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Cool. Store in a covered container. Refrigerate for longer storage.
Lately I've been using less nuts, adding some almond meal flour, coconut flour, psyllium husks plus a tiny splash of coconut or almond milk to help moisten. Be sure to mix very well until crumbly!