|Make Gluten Free French Bread Baguettes that are amazing! Grain free, yeast free, xanthan free|
small instant read thermometer.
This recipe uses no xanthan gum and the bread holds together! Be sure to grind your husks to a fine powder in the coffee grinder, food processor or blender. Update- I made another baguette today and I was out of psyllium husks, so I substituted 5 tablespoons of ground flax seed. It worked great with no change in texture or taste. I also added a teaspoon of rosemary and it was wonderful!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
link for the baguette pan I just ordered. You can also make your bread in a loaf pan. I hope you enjoy my new Paleo French Bread!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Makes one baguette
- 1 3/4 cups (185 grams) Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour, sifted
- 4 tablespoons psyllium husks, or flax seed, ground finely to powder in coffee mill
- 3 teaspoons organic gluten free baking powder, like Rumford
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar or local honey
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 medium organic eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, ground psyllium husks, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, cider vinegar and eggs. Add to the large bowl and stir with a large spoon.
- Pour in the boiling water and stir well until the dough comes together. It will still be sticky but manageable.
- Line your french bread pan with parchment paper. Roll the dough out of the bowl and into one side.
- Pour a little olive oil into your hand and smooth the top of the bread, pressing into an even loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 190-200 degrees.
- Cool on rack.