|Gluten Free Socca Garbanzo Bean Flour Pancakes are delicious!|
These pancakes bake up with a fluffy texture and delicate flavor. The bean flour is high in protein and lower in carbs for a healthy breakfast. I also like them cold with jam for a treat! We were so impressed with these gluten free and low carb pancakes and will be making them often.
I also used this great flour in my new Low Carb Chicken and Dumplings!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Makes 4-6 pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk of choice (start with 3/4 cup and add as needed)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
Heat griddle or waffle iron and grease
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for pan
- Beat the egg with milk in a small bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in the milk mixture, butter or coconut oil, apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Mix well with a large whisk leaving some lumps.
- Heat griddle or large fry pan to medium high. Lightly grease griddle with olive oil. You can check your heat with a small test pancake. Reduce heat if the test pancake browns too quickly.
- Pour batter from soup ladle or 2/3 cup measuring cup. Cook until edges start to look dry and the bubbles start to burst. The pancake should be light brown, flip and cook until done.
- Serve with fruit, berries or real maple syrup.