Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
- 1/2 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup local honey, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil, to taste
Slurry for thickening. You could also use a roux
- 1/2 cup cold water or cold pineapple juice or orange juice
- 4 tablespoons gluten free non gmo cornstarch or arrowroot or sweet rice flour works too
Add all of the sauce ingredients to a large heavy sauce pan. Heat over medium low heat. Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Whisk the slurry ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and lump free. Add slowly to the sauce pan whisking well.
Turn the heat up a little and keep whisking until the sauce thickens. It will thicken even more in the fridge. Remove from heat, cool and pour into jars or covered containers. Store in the fridge.