|Perfectly Light and Fluffy Biscuit Casserole Crust, gluten free|
You could use this crust on any casserole or stew. I bet it would be wonderful for fruit cobblers too!
|Great for large families or parties!|
Just boil the bones and some skin with enough water to cover for a few hours and you have lots of chicken stock the next day to cook with.
Then I doubled the Chicken Stew from my Chicken Pot Pie recipe and added lots of veggies. Baked it in two large casseroles for 45 minutes, or until it started to bubble, poured the crust over and baked apx 30 minutes until brown and cooked through. The gluten free biscuit texture is soft and fluffy inside with a nice crisp crust. The kids were thrilled!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter, cold and cubed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar with the milk. Set aside to curdle for 5-10 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the pancake mix and baking powder. Add the cubed cold butter and using a pastry blender, or two butter knives, cut in the butter until you have the consistency of a fine meal. You can also do this in the food processor.
- Add the curdled milk and beaten egg. Stir just until incorporated.
- Pour over hot casserole filling by dropping across the casserole at intervals and spreading evenly with a spatula out to edges. Apx 1/2 inch or enough that you can't see the filling. It will puff up on baking.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.