|Better than a Starbucks Cranberry Orange Scone|
They inspired me to come home and make myself these healthy gluten free, grain free and sugar free Cranberry Orange Scone.
The scones turned out awesome. Tender with crisp edges and packed with protein and loaded with all the flavors I craved!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Makes 8 scones
- 2 cups gluten free Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cane sugar or sugar free substitute, apx 7-8 packets of Stevia
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, room temp
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten (or egg substitute)
- 1/8 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon gluten free pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries, whole
- Zest of one medium orange
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husks, opt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease baking sheet
- In the large bowl of your stand mixer, combine the almond flour, baking powder, Truvia, psyllium, if using and coconut oil. Using the paddle attachment blend on medium until combined and sandy in texture.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla, mix gently scraping down the sides a few times.
- Change to the dough hook if you have one. On low add just enough milk for the dough to come together. Add the cranberries and orange zest and stir. The dough should be thick but not dry.
- Using a large soup spoon, scoop out rounded ovals and drop onto baking sheet leaving space between as they will spread a little.
- Bake for apx 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Eat soon after baking for best results and a light fluffy interior. These are delicate scones but hold up well in the first few hours. Refrigerate for longer enjoyment.