|Baked Apple Fritter Doughnuts, gluten free|
Did you know that a store bought Apple Fritter has 300 calories? Yikes!
So, today I made a healthy Gluten Free Baked Apple Fritter Doughnut recipe for him. I hoped would please him and they did! That just made my day. :)
Baked Chocolate Doughnuts!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Makes 7 doughnuts
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar or sugar free equivalent, like erythritol or 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon, to taste
- 1 large organic egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk of choice in a small bowl
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, add to milk and allow to curdle
- 1 cup organic apple, peeled, cored and diced
- glaze or cinnamon and sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- In another small bowl beat the egg, add the oil and curdled milk mixture and stir.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well. Fold in the apples. The dough should be thick and wet.
- Spoon the dough into the doughnut wells evenly.
- Bake for apx 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Run a butter knife around the edges and turn onto a rack to cool.
Simple glaze, whisk all ingredients together, pour over cooled doughnuts
1 cup cane sugar or erythritol, grind to powder in coffee mill
dash of pure vanilla extract
dash of milk of choice, add slowly until you achieve desired constistency
Linked to Allergy Free Wednesdays!