- 3 tablespoons organic butter
- 1/3 cup organic brown cane sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 large organic bananas, sliced thickly
- 1 teaspoon organic gluten free cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 cup local honey
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or organic coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 small (1/2 cup) ripe organic banana, mashed well
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal flour
- dash salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large cast iron skillet or heavy cake pan, add the butter and heat in oven until melted. Remove from oven and swirl around evenly.
- Sprinkle the sugar and nuts over the butter. Add sliced bananas to cover. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, add honey, yogurt or coconut milk, vanilla and apple cider vinegar, whisk well. Add mashed banana and whisk until combined.
- In another bowl combine the dry ingredients and sift or whisk to remove lumps. Add the wet to the dry and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon over the fruit layer and spread out.
- Bake for apx 25-30 minutes or until brown and set. Cool a little, slice and flip on plates.Serve with baked bacon and fried eggs. Top with organic real maple syrup. Or for desert rewarm for a few minutes and serve with frozen yogurt.