|Gluten Free Thai Chicken Salad with Cucumbers, Kale and Mushrooms|
Cool Cucumber Gluten-Free Happiness
On a hot summer night is there anything better than a beautiful salad? I don't thinks so, and this gorgeous Organic Gluten Free Thai Chicken Salad with Cucumbers is a salad that even salad haters will love.
We are so lucky to have our wonderful produce company bring boxes to our door so I don't have to run to the store in this heat! This awesome salad fills my craving for Thai food and is Low in Carbs so I can wear my swimsuit. Happiness all around..
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
Makes one large salad that serves 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Thai Seasoning, I use The Spice Hunter Salt Free Thai Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Gluten Free Garlic Powder, I use McCormicks
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- Fresh Organic Kale, chopped
- 1/2 large organic cucumber, peel and chop
- 1/2 large organic green pepper, diced
- 6 organic mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Organic Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup organic green onions, see tip below
- Sesame Seeds or peanuts for garnish
- Liberally coat the chicken thighs with Thai Seasoning, pepper and a little salt and garlic powder. Set aside to marinate.
- Clean and cut up veggies, add to a large bowl.
- In a large cast iron skillet or Wok, heat the oil, add the chicken and cook on a medium high heat until brown. Turn, scraping up all the bits. Reduce heat, cook covered until done and juices run clear. Remove from heat and slice in pan, scrape up spices and browned bits and mix together.
- Add a little lime juice to the pan and mix again.
- Add the meat to the salad, sprinkle on sesame seeds or chopped peanuts and toss.
- Serve with my Cucumber Salad dressing or a cold Peanut Sauce. Lime on the side. For an easy Asian Dressing, mix a few drops of Sesame oil into your favorite Ranch or Cucumber Salad Dressing .
- Other options-add shredded cabbage and carrots.