|Skinny Blueberry Crumble, with pears and walnuts. Low Carb, dairy free, gluten free, sugar free option|
Fruit Cobblers are dated back to the earliest cookbooks. Traditionally made with a biscuit topping that's poured over a sweet fruit filling, they have always been my favorite desert. Fruit Crisps and Crumbles are actually modern adaptions of a cobbler. Here's my new Skinny Gluten Free Blueberry Crumble, with pears and walnuts, that tastes just a great with a lot less calories!
The topping came out fluffier than a Crisp and has a wonderful flavor. I made it with a little honey, but you can go completely sugar free easily with my substitutions. I've found a combination of sweeteners will give you a better result in baking. By using a little local honey with the Stevia my final product tasted perfectly sweet and natural!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
- 12 ounces blueberries, apx 1 1/2 cups ( I fill my dish about 1/2 full)
- 1 pear, apx 1 cup, cored and thinly sliced
- 30 drops liquid Stevia, like Now Foods
- 1 tablespoon local honey or 5 more drops Stevia
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten free cornstarch or more depending on the juiciness of your fruit
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free coconut flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons local honey or sugar free equivalent, like Erythritol. I like Swerve
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash gluten free cinnamon, to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Bake in a 9 inch casserole dish, mine is Le Creuset or this one looks like a bargain.
- Combine the filling ingredients and gently stir. Add to casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the topping ingredients in the order listed using a fork.
- Mix well until all moistened and crumbly.
- Spread topping evenly over the fruit out to edges of the dish.
Bake for apx 30 minutes or until topping is browned and filling is just starting to bubble up. Serve wam or cold with natural sugar free frozen yogurt.