When life is busy and I need something fast, I make this Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner.
Sometimes I wonder, if it wasn't for my gluten intolerance, would I bother to make everything from scratch? Probably not! Even though I've always loved to cook, I might still be eating processed foods.
I'm happy that I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life, but that means a lot of cooking and I do get tired of it sometimes. Don't you? So, what's the bonus?
Well, the house smells great with the aromas of cooking, my family smiles a lot, we save money, we sit together and enjoy a healthy meal, we talk, and I get to eat without the worry of cross contamination. Huge bonuses!!!
Plus it tastes a million times better when you make your meals fresh at home. The salad dressing is amazing! I make a double batch and use it for days. It's wonderful as a dip too!
With just a few simple ingredients you can enjoy a restaurant quality dinner in under 30 minutes and you will know that it's truly gluten free. Save your tummy and get a little skinnier with a low carb salad for dinner tonight!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, I may be compensated for purchases made through these links. For more information, click here.
- 4 fresh or defrosted chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 head of organic romaine lettuce, wash, dry and tear
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- gluten free low carb croutons- see note below
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- gluten free garlic powder
- olive oil for pan
Dressing Ingredients: Mix together ahead of time and chill until needed.
- 1 teaspoon gluten free Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon gluten free Worcestershire
- 1 cup gluten free full fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- a dab of anchovy paste, opt
- dash of milk or water to thin to desired consistency
- Wash, dry and tear the romaine in bite size pieces. Add to a large bowl. I keep mine in fridge until the chicken is ready.
- Pat chicken with paper towels, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat grill or large fry pan to medium and add a dash of olive oil. Cook chicken until browned and juices run clear. About 4 minutes per side. Let rest for several minutes and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken, Parmesan and croutons, if using to the salad bowl.
- Dress salad with 1/2 of the dressing. Add more if too dry. Toss well. Serve the rest of the dressing, additional Parmesan and fresh pepper at the table.
Note: Make your own croutons! Toss 2 cups Low Carb Bread cubes with a generous splash of olive oil and a shake of garlic powder. Bake at 350 in a single layer for 15 minutes or until browned and crisp. Let cool.