I'm crazy about Clafoutis. My new sugar-free Clafoutis (pronounced Kla foo tee) is a baked French dessert of a soft cake over fruit. I make mine grain free, gluten free and sugar free! Traditionally made with cherries it adapts to any fruit beautifully. This time I used strawberries and made a strawberry coulis to top it with. Perfect for a low-carb dessert or breakfast!
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure white stevia extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free Bob's Redmill Almond Meal flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten free potato starch (not flour) or cornstarch
- pinch salt
- 10 very large strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- In your blender or food processor, add the butter, yogurt and stevia and pulse several times until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and pulse a few times between each addition.
- Add the almond meal flour, potato starch and salt in increments and pulse until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased 10 inch cast iron skillet or pie pan and top with fruit in a circular pattern. Note: Traditionally the fruit is placed at the bottom of the buttered pan and the batter poured over so either way works!
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or set and browned.
Strawberry Coulis Sauce
Rinse out your machine and blend several cups of rinsed and cut up strawberries with a dash of fresh juice of choice until smooth. I used cranberry juice. Add sweetener if desired.
You might also like my Pear Clafoutis made with honey!
On to Savoring Saturdays! Let's party!
Here's my favorite from last week:
Here are the most popular posts from last week. It was a tie!
Beautiful recipes ladies! I can't wait to try them!
Here are your hostesses! Your posts are linked up on all 5 blogs!
Raia from Raia's Recipes:
Danielle from It's A Love/Love Thing:
Trish from Keep the Beet:
Ali from Skinny GF Chef:
Brianna from Flippin' Delicious:
Wanna share with us? Every link up is posted to Pinterest and tweeted!
Feel free to link up one or two of your own posts about:
- healthy whole, gluten-free food recipes (no boxes, mixes, refined sugars, etc.)
- do-it-yourself stuff/crafts
- food politics
- healthy living
- whatever you’re grateful for today!