Yoplait reduced the sugar in their Original Yoplait Yogurts! You know the ones with the red caps that we all have loved for years? Well, now they have 25% less sugar and they're #glutenfree!
And that's not all! Did you know that in 2009 they stopped using milk from cows treated with rGBH growth hormone? And in 2012 they removed high fructose corn syrup from their yogurts? They have been working for three years to make Yoplait Yogurts better for your family.
Pretty impressive isn't it? Even small changes in our diet can make a huge difference. Every week I've been taking long walks on the beach and working out with my sister. Spending time with family and friends and feeding my family lighter meals makes us feel happier and healthier.
Here's the recipe! Scroll down to enter the Contest too!
Makes 5 medium pancakes
- 1/4 cup gluten free coconut flour, room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free and grain free baking powder- or make your own with recipe below
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 oz) carton Yoplait Original 25% less sugar Peach Yogurt, room temp
- 1 large egg, warmed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 teaspoons psyllium husks
- tablespoon or more of water as needed to thin
- Warm your egg in a cup of hot water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the coconut flour, baking powder and salt. Add the psyllium husks and stir, set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg, add the melted coconut oil and beat lightly. Add the yogurt and combine. Add to your dry mixture and mix until just smooth. Add a little water by tablespoons if too dry.
- Note:This is a thick batter. It won't look like traditional pancake batter and performs better if thick. Let sit for a few minutes while the pan heats.
- Grease and heat a large cast iron fry pan or griddle on medium heat. Spoon batter onto heated pan. It won't spread so I patted it out a bit, but it's easier to turn if it's a small thick pancake.
- Do a test pancake! Coconut pancakes don't bubble but they do dry out around the edges. It takes a little longer so be patient and reduce your heat if they are browning too fast.
- Turn gently but quickly with a large spatula when firm enough to lift. Cook until brown and done through.
- Serve with butter and pure maple syrup or fresh fruit.
Make your own Grain Free Baking Powder: make sure ingredients are gluten free
Mix together and store tightly covered:
1/4 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cream of tartar
1/4 cu arrowroot
How to Enter the #sweetsummersnack $15.00 Paypal Cash Giveaway! Courtesy of Yoplait!
Ends August 15th 2015
Enter daily for more chances to win!
1. Go to Yoplait.com Home Page to learn more about Yoplait and learn more about the flavors with 25% less sugar, and recipes
Thanks for entering! Hope you enjoy the pancakes and Good Luck!