My sister and I want to stay healthy so we started working out twice a week, often in 90+- degree weather. Even with our busy schedules, we meet up at a local coffee shop, enjoy a latte and a healthy snack before we head out to walk the beach for several miles.
It's a great time for both of us, but often, there is little time to enjoy – let alone find – the right healthy snack. Especially for me, as most coffee shops don't carry gluten free snacks.
Today I brought ZonePerfect's Perfectly Simple nutrition bars to share. They are high in protein, 200 calories or less, and gluten-free… they’re the perfect blend of simple, wholesome ingredients in one tasty, on the go snack.
At home I try to make healthy desserts that my family will love too! Scroll down to see my new Flourless Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake recipe. It's gluten free, lower in carbs and delicious!
Perfectly Simple is as much the perfect snack as it is a simple approach to life. When it comes to how we craft our snacks, we fully subscribe to the “less is more” theory. That’s why we take the time to choose the perfect blend of healthy, tasty ingredients for a simple feel-good snack.
• We’re super-picky about the ingredients we use; ensuring bars are simple, delicious, and satisfying.
• Our snacks are loaded with protein and low calorie, to keep you fuller, longer.
• Each bar is wrapped and ready to go, so you never have to settle when you’re on the go.
• Our passion for simplicity inspires us to do more: More variety. More flavors. More to snack on throughout the year.
• We go beyond the simplicity of our snacks to help you find new ways to simplify your life
• We’re choiceful about where we source our ingredients from, and make our bars in the USA.
At home I try to follow the same philosophy and bake grain free and low in sugar to keep my family healthy.
Today I remade one of my old favorite cakes! Definitely a #FeelGooder dessert after a long day.
Flourless Cherry & Pineapple Dump Cake, gluten-free, grain-free
- 2 cans (21 oz) gluten free and sugar free Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in it's own juice, drained
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl until fully incorporated.
Note: this mixture dumps on the filling dry!
- 2 cups gluten free Almond Meal Flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter, sliced into tablespoons
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, finely chopped, sprinkle on last
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large oven proof baking dish, pour in the cherry pie filling. Add the pineapple and give it a stir.
- Pour the dry mixture over the top of the filling and spread out evenly. Place butter evenly over the dry mixture.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until browned and bubbling.